The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
With a liberal arts foundation and a strong business curriculum, our Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration degree will help open doors to business careers in a wide variety of private, government, and nonprofit organizations. You will graduate with a solid academic foundation in accounting principles; economics; management theory and behavior; the legal environment of business; marketing; financial management; international business; human resources; and business problem solving and decision making.
Our unique, culture-focused curriculum is designed to give you a well-rounded technical and critical thinking background in all areas of operating a business. Your senior capstone course allows you the opportunity to research specialty areas, including strategic management planning, international business, and small business operations. Graduates of St. Augustine College’s BA in Business Administration program go on to hold a wide range of business operation and leadership positions, while others continue their journey with an MBA or other advanced business degree.
Empowered to Succeed
As a graduate of the BA in Business Administration program, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a strong foundation of business knowledge and decision-making skills for every level of business operation.
- Apply analytical skills, business strategies, method, and techniques to manage real-world business situations.
- Understand the legal environment of business, to act and behave in an ethical manner when dealing with personnel, business activities, and the law.
- Demonstrate both a leadership attitude and the skills to work with a team, as well as the capability to face daily work business situations that require competent and positive interpersonal conduct.
- Display effective communication skills, including oral, written, electronic, and social media applications.
- Demonstrate competence with technology to organize, understand, and analyze business operations, as well as to propose new ideas and solutions.
View Full Course List
BA in Business Administration FAQ:
Q: How long is the Bachelor Degree in Business Administration Program?
A: This 4 year program is compiled of 120 total credit hours that can be taken at your leisure.
Q: Can I get a BA in Business Administration online?
A: Yes! The BA in Business Administration degree program is offered both online and in person. Our online model is a real-time livestream of the courses, so students have the flexibility to to learn completely online, in-person, or a combination of both.
Q: What is the career outlook for Business Administration Graduates?
A: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, on its Economic News website, projects that Professional and Business Services will be second only to Health Care and Social Assistance as an area of job growth. services need persons trained in Business Administration for their leadership positions.
Associate of Arts in Business Administration
If you are interested in pursuing a career in business or transferring to a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other business specialization, our AA degree program in Business Administration can be the first step to achieving your dreams.
Empowered to Succeed
As a graduate of the AA in Business Administration degree program*, you will be prepared to:
- Identify the accounting standard principles and be able to prepare basic financial statements.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of business organization concepts and theories, and decision-making skills.
- Describe the basic macro and microeconomics theories and market structures to describe their implications related to government, business, and individuals.
- Complete a business plan demonstrating the application of the basic principles of business organization, operations management theories, and accounting, finance, and marketing concepts.
*The general education core for this degree complies with guidelines of the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI).
View Full Course List
|Associate of Arts in Business Administration||CREDIT HOUR REQUIREMENTS|
|General Education Requirements||48|
|ENG 160 Composition I||4|
|ENG 162 Composition II||4|
|ENG 165 Speech||4|
|MAT 200 Finite Mathematics OR MAT 225 Introductory Statistics||4|
|BIO 102 Human Biology OR BIO 108 Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|CHM 115 Basic Chemistry OR PHY 103 Earth Science||4|
|HUM 204 Music Appreciation OR HUM 205 History and Appreciation of Art||4|
|PHI 220 Ethics OR any unduplicated Humanities or Fine Arts course||4|
|SPA 222 The Hispanic-American Experience through Literature or HUM 202||4|
|HIS 105 Survey of U.S. History from 1865 to Present OR HIS 104 Survey of U.S. History to 1865 OR PSC 103 American Government and Politics||4|
|ECO 101 Principles of Macroeconomics OR ECO 102 Principles of Microeconomics||4|
|PSY 101 General Psychology||4|
|ACC 101 Principles of Accounting||4|
|ACC 161 Financial Accounting||4|
|BUS 110 Introduction to Business||4|
|CIS 115 Spreadsheets for Business||4|
|ACC 162 Managerial Accounting||4|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS/COURSES||68|
AA in Business Administration FAQ:
Q: How long is the Business Administration Associate’s Program?
A: This 2 year program is compiled of 68 total credit hours that can be taken at your leisure.
Q: Is the Business Administration Associate Degree Program offered online or at one of the campuses in Chicago?
A: The AA in Business Administration program is offered both online and in person. Our online model is a real-time livestream of the courses, so students have the flexibility to to learn completely online, in-person, or a combination of both.