How to Apply
- Complete Admission Application.
- Present credentials of upper secondary education that is equivalent to high school (12 years of school) in the United States. If original documentation is not in English or Spanish then an evaluation from Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) is required. For information on evaluation go to ece.org.
- Submit an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) with the pertinent supporting documentation/evidence from the sponsor who is guaranteeing financial support. Documentation needed is specified on the instructions of the Affidavit of Support form. Form I-134 can be downloaded from the USCIS web page at www.uscis.gov.
- The Registrar’s Office will issue you a package that includes the SEVIS I-20 and the Affidavit of Support with supporting documentation; for those who are presenting the package abroad at an American Consulate/Embassy.
Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-901 Fee
There is also a Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-901 fee mandated by Congress. For more information on this fee and how to pay please go to www.fmjfee.com
This fee should be paid by the applicant or sponsor and a copy of the receipt included in the package.
- 50% of one-semester tuition, plus a $50 processing fee is required at the time the package is issued.
All documentation presented to an American Consulate/Embassy or the USCIS must be in English or translated by a certified accredited agency. Currency must also be indicated in U.S. dollars.