On This Page
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
Our comprehensive Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management degree program will prepare you to work in the wide and growing field of hospitality, including Culinary Arts; Accounting; Business Management; Legal and Ethical Issues; Human Resources; Lodging; Management of Food Services; Management of Special Events; Industrial Psychology; and Management of Information Systems.
Built on a liberal arts foundation with a strong business curriculum, the BA in Hospitality Management program features exposure to culinary arts and hotel management with a curriculum that covers the major areas of the hospitality industry. Your senior seminar and capstone project gives you the opportunity to research specialty areas, including international tourism; gaming; sports hospitality; amusement parks; and ethnic/global hospitality. This degree prepares you to work closely, as well as independently, with staff, supervisors, businesses, and customers in diverse organizations around the world.
Empowered to Succeed
As a graduate of the BA in Hospitality Management program, you will be prepared to:
- Be competent business professionals in the hospitality industry and competitive in the job market, with special emphasis on multicultural understanding and practice in a global industry.
- Collaborate as well as lead, with many different types of people, solve problems quickly and concentrate on details, have initiative and self-discipline, effective communication skills, and the ability to organize and direct the work of others.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of lodging and food and beverage service operations, including customer service; reservations; purchasing and accounting systems; safety and security; design; event planning; maintenance and repair; personnel practices; and business ethics, legal requirements, management, and finance.
- Step into a position in the hospitality industry in management or operations or as a leader or owner for a lodging establishment; events and meeting management; restaurant; food service; sales; or related business field.
View Full Course List
|General Education Requirements||48|
|ENG 160 Composition I||(4)|
|ENG 162 Composition II||(4)|
|ENG 165 Speech||(4)|
|MAT 200 Finite Mathematics (preferred) OR||(4)|
|MAT 225 Introductory Statistics||(4)|
|BIO Introduction to Human Biology OR||(4)|
|BIO 108 Anatomy and Physiology I OR||(4)|
|PHY 103 Earth Science OR||(4)|
|CHM 115 Basic Chemistry||(4)|
|ENG 203 American Culture and Literature OR||(4)|
|HUM 202 Humanities I OR||(4)|
|HUM 204 Music Appreciation OR||(4)|
|HUM 205 History and Appreciation of Art OR||(4)|
|PHI 220 Ethics OR||(4)|
|Any other Philosophy course||(4)|
|SPA 222 The Hispanic-American Experience Through Literature OR||(4)|
|HUM 202 Humanities I (Cannot count course in two areas)||(4)|
|HIS 104 Survey of U.S. History to 1865 OR||(4)|
|HIS 105 Survey of U.S. History from 1865 to Present OR PSC103 American Government||(4)|
|PSY 101 General Psychology||(4)|
|Business Administration Core Courses||68 HRS|
|ACC 101 Principles of Accounting||(4)|
|BUS 110 Introduction to Business||(4)|
|BUS 220 Principles of Management||(4)|
|CUL 100 Food Service & Hospitality OR||(4)|
|CUL 101 Introduction to Culinary Arts||(4)|
|ACC 301 Hospitality Accounting||(4)|
|CIS 300 Management Information systems||(4)|
|HOS 311 Marketing & Tourism in the Hospitality Industry||(4)|
|BUS 303 Legal Environment of Business||(4)|
|HOS 455 Lodging in the Hospitality Industry||(4)|
|HOS 466 Management Food Service in the Hospitality Industry||(4)|
|HOS 477 Managing Events in the Hospitality Industry||(4)|
|MNG 405 Human Resources Management||(4)|
|HOS 495 Senior Seminar in the Hospitality Industry||(4)|
|PSY 420 Industrial/Organizational Psychology||(4)|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS/COURSES||120|
BA in Hospitality Management Program FAQ:
Q: How long is the Hospitality Management Program?
A: This is a typical 4 year program, compiled of 120 total credit hours that can be taken at your leisure.
Q: Can I get my BA in Hospitality Management online?
A: Yes! The Hospitality Management Bachelor’s degree program is offered both online and in person. Our online model is a real-time livestream of the courses, so students have the flexibility to to learn completely online, in-person, or a combination of both.
Q: What is the career outlook for Hospitality Management Graduates?
A: The Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management will help you obtain an exciting career in the Hospitality Industry. If you are a student who has decided to pursue a career in Hospitality Management, our program will prepare you to acquire an entry-level position in a variety of customer service institutions, such as:
- Amusement Parksand many more.
If you are a student already working in a hospitality serving establishment, this degree will give you the opportunity and tools to succeed in the Hospitality Business. The Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management is a comprehensive program covering knowledge in the following areas:
- Culinary Arts
- Business Management
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Human Resources
- Management of Food Services
- Management of events
- Industrial Psychology
- Management of Information Systems