On This Page
Our Associate of Applied Science degree curriculum* with an Accounting concentration prepares you for a variety of accounting career opportunities in private, government, and not-for-profit organizations. You will graduate with a solid academic foundation in accounting principles as well as business problem solving and business communication skills.
Empowered to Succeed
As a graduate of the AAS in Accounting program*, you will be prepared to:
- Identify the accounting standards principles and be able to prepare basic financial statements.
- Identify business organization concepts and theories and be able to write a basic Business Plan.
- Describe the basic concepts of economic theories and market structures relative to their implications for government, business, and individuals.
- Define the fundamental tax laws and principles and be able to prepare individual tax returns.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral business communication within a professional setting.
*The general education core for this degree complies with guidelines of the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI).