The mission of the Career and Transfer Center (CTC) at St. Augustine College is to provide professional and personalized academic and workforce support services to St. Augustine students and alumni. The center assists students in the process of transferring to a four-year institution and provides career counseling, career exploration and the strategic job search and skills training required to succeed in a global workplace. The center also assists students in identifying and applying for scholarships.
We offer an array of resources and services, including:
- Assistance in choosing a career path or an institution of higher learning to continue your education once you have completed your studies at St. Augustine College.
• Resume and cover letter writing assistance.
• Assistance in facilitating meetings and appointments related to job/internship interviews, job/internship strategies, and networking.
• Organize and schedule participation in workshops, job fairs, and other events.
• Building connections between students/alumni and employers.
· Assist students in identifying and applying for scholarships.
• Weekly e-mail newsletter and online job board for St. Augustine students and alumni.
Access to current listings of external jobs and internships listings are available directly for SAC students/alumni via the St. Augustine College Career and Transfer Center Online Job Board at www.staugustinectc.blogspot.com
Schedule an Appointment:
Set up an appointment at the CTC office or at your preferred campus with either of the staff members below:
Vicky Irizarry, Career Specialist – 773 878-3357, Virizarry02@iwe.staugustine.edu
Emmanuel Mercado, Career Specialist – 773-878-3960, Sac.firstname.lastname@example.org
The CTC staff can also be reached via text message at 872-802-1384.
(* Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help)
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday By Appointment Only
Main Campus Location:
The Career and Transfer Center (CTC) is located at St. Augustine College’s Main Campus, 1345 W. Argyle St, Chicago, IL 60640. The Career and Transfer Center staff can set up individual appointments at all St. Augustine College campuses.
You can also participate in CTC site visits, workshops, and events that the CTC provides throughout the year at the campuses. Please check your my.staugustine email for newsletters containing information about CTC site visits, workshops, scholarships, and events. If you are interested in viewing current external job and internship opportunities that the CTC promotes, please click here.