On This Page
AAS, Administrative Assistant
Our Associate of Applied Science curriculum* with one of two Administrative Assistant concentrations prepares you to enter the workforce as a professional office worker.
Choose from one of the following areas of expertise:
- The Accounting Assistant concentration provides a comprehensive knowledge of the business world. You will learn accounting principles, business concepts, and financial accounting concepts.
- The Office Technology concentration prepares you to use the Microsoft Office application in a professional setting. In addition to learning spreadsheet software and how to design and program databases using a microcomputer database management package, you will have the opportunity to receive Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification, almost mandatory in today’s job market.
Either of these majors will prepare you for entry-level employment as an administrative assistant, office manager, trainer, marketing support representative, desktop publisher, or data entry operator.
Empowered to Succeed
As a graduate of the AAS in Administrative Assistant program*, you will be prepared to:
- Utilize software application skills to produce a variety of business correspondence with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Apply skills in keyboarding; desktop publishing; business communications; office procedures; human relations; presentation; and effective business correspondence; and manage electronic and manual filing systems.
- Demonstrate awareness of the 21st century office, change mastery, and the diverse, global office environment.
*The general education core for this degree complies with guidelines of the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI).