The Bridge Award is a need-based complementary grant for new students (it does not apply to students on F1 visa) who can demonstrate financial need. The award can be applied to cover tuition shortfalls and it will be offered to the student at the time of registration. If the student withdraws during the semester, the Bridge award will be prorated using the same guidelines as other grants.
- New Students
- Students must demonstrate “Financial need”
The SAC Award is a merit and need-based grant. The grant applies to Continuing and returning students. The SAC Award, for eligible continuing students, is Granted based on need and the Grade Point Average from the prior semester attended. In the Case of returning students the SAC Award is granted based on need and Cumulative Grade Point Average from prior semesters attended.
- For students registered for less than 12 credit hours, their award will be prorated based on actual registered hours.
This award can be applied to cover tuition only. The award is assigned at the time of registration. If the student withdraws during the semester, the SAC Award will be prorated.
Using the same guidelines as other grants.
- The student is a continuing student in second semester or beyond or, if is a returning student.
- The student must demonstrate “financial need”.
- The student is an international student on F 1 Visa.
- The student was eligible for financial aid in the previous semester, and is not eligible for MAP or Pell, or both, for the current semester, He /she must be enrolled in his/her final year of the degree being pursued with a maximum of 24 credit hours pending. The student has to apply for financial aid.
The Presidential scholarship is a merit scholarship which may cover up to fifty percent (50%) of tuition and fees for eligible students. The scholarship applies to new, returning, continuing, and transfer students who meet and/or maintain eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for all applicants:
- To have completed High School or GED
- Be ineligible for need-based financial aid
- Have not completed a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in any country
- To be a degree seeking student
Additional eligibility criteria for new students:
- Place at Mathematics 112 or higher
Additional eligibility criteria for returning and continuing students:
- Have a 3.50 minimum cumulative GP A in all course work at St. Augustine College.
Additional eligibility .criteria for transfer students:
- Transfer students from regionally accredited institutions who are transferring
- 12 or more credit hours must have a 3.50 (0-4) minimum cumulative GP A in all
- Course, work at the previous institution.
- Transfer students as above, who are transferring less than 12 credit hours will abide by the eligibility criteria for new students.
Continued eligibility for all students:
- To maintain a 3.50 minimum cumulative GP A in all course work at St. Augustine College
Presidential Discretionary Fund
This fund is a limited resources fund disbursed by discretion of the president. The fund is reserved for special circumstances where students in financial aid may need additional help in covering cost of tuition, fees, or textbooks. Students must apply in writing through their academic advisor.
These grants are assigned based on criteria specified in the grants Guidelines.