Returning Student Enrollment Steps:
For students who have taken and received a grade for courses at SAC, and who have taken at the minimum 1 semester off, but no more than 3 consecutive years off.
- Complete the Returning Student application
- If applicable, submit official transcripts/documents from other Colleges/Universities you have attended since you last took classes at SAC.
- If seeking financial assistance, you will need to complete an application and submit the necessary documentation.
International Student Enrollment Steps:
- Complete Admission Application
- Present credentials of upper secondary education that is equivalent to high school (12 years of school) in the United States. If original documentation is not in English or Spanish then an evaluation from Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) is required. For information on evaluation go to ece.org
- Submit an Affidavit of Support (form I-134) with the pertinent supporting documentation/evidence from the sponsor who is guaranteeing financial support. Documentation needed is specified on the instructions of Affidavit of Support form.
Form I-134 can be downloaded from the USCIS webpage at www.uscis.gov
- The Registrar’s Office will issue you a package that includes the SEVIS I-20 and the affidavit of support with supporting documentation; for those who are presenting the package abroad at an American Consulate/Embassy.
There is also a Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-901 fee mandated by Congress. For more information on this fee and how to pay please go to www.fmjfee.com
This fee should be paid by the applicant or sponsor and a copy of the receipt included in the package.
- 50% of one semester tuition, plus $50 processing fee is required at the time the package is issued.
All documentation presented to an American Consulate/Embassy or the USCIS must be in English or translated by a certified accredited agency. Currency must also be indicated in U.S. dollars.
Additional Program Specific Acceptance Requirements
Bachelor of Social Work: In addition to the General Admission Requirements, applicants interested in this major must meet the following criteria for acceptance to the upper level courses for the Bachelor of Social Work program:
- Submission of an application to the Department of Social Work and Addictions Counseling;
- Completion of the General Core Curriculum Requirements with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75;
- Completion of an English writing and reading comprehension sample in the testing center; and
- Two references from faculty, employers, or supervisors who can attest to the applicant’s ability to become a generalist social work practitioner.
Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy: In addition to the General Admission Requirements, applicants interested in this major must meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.67 in the following prerequisite courses: AHP 110, AHP 113, BIO 108, BIO 120, BIO 208, ENG 160, ENG 162, CHM 115, MAT 110 and PSY 101.