The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration is a degree designed to prepare students for a variety of business opportunities in the private, government, and not-for-profit organizations.
Based on a liberal arts foundation, the Business Administration Program provides students with a strong business curriculum, academic knowledge, and content business courses covering the major areas of a complex and constantly changing business environment.
Graduates of the program will have a solid academic foundation in accounting principles, economics, management theory and behavior, the legal environment of business, marketing, financial management, international business, human resources, and business problem solving and decision making. The curriculum is intended to give students a well-rounded background in all areas of operating a business. A senior capstone course provides students the opportunity to research specialty areas including strategic management planning, international business, or small business operations.
The degree is designed to provide the technical knowledge and critical thinking skills needed in business. Students will leave the program prepared for a variety of business operation and leadership positions as well as a path for an advanced degree in business.
Upon completion of the program, graduates of the BA in Business Administration should be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong foundation of nosiness knowledge and decision-making skills for every level of business operation.
- Apply analytical skills, business strategies, method, and techniques to manage real business situations.
- Have an understanding of the legal environment of business to act and behave in an ethical manner when dealing with personnel, business activities, and the law.
- Demonstrate both a leadership attitude and the skills to work with a team, as well as sufficient capability to face daily work business situations that require competent and positive interpersonal conduct.
- Display effective communication skills, including oral, written, electronic, and social media applications.
- Demonstrate competence with technology to organize, understand, and analyze business operations, as well as to propose new ideas and solutions.