In The News
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program in Early Childhood Education provides early childhood education theory and practice for students who intend to work as a teacher or teacher assistant in a public or private pre-school program, child-care center, home-based providers or nursery school. Graduates can also work as teacher aides or activities supervisors.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles of early childhood development.
- Understand that successful early childhood education depends upon partnerships with children’s families and communities.
- Learn to observe, document, and assess young children and families.
- Understand, and use developmentally appropriate approaches, instructional strategies, and tools.
- Be prepared for an entry-level professional early child-care teacher or provider.