In The News
Early Childhood Education
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program in Early Childhood Education provides early childhood education theory and practice for students who intend to work as a teacher or teacher assistant in a public or private pre-school program, child-care center, home-based providers or nursery school. Graduates can also work as teacher aides or activities supervisors.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles of early childhood development.
- Understand that successful early childhood education depends upon partnerships with children’s families and communities.
- Learn to observe, document, and assess young children and families.
- Understand, and use developmentally appropriate approaches, instructional strategies, and tools.
- Be prepared for an entry-level professional early child-care teacher or provider.