To apply for admission, the following steps should be taken by all applicants:
1. Contact the Office of Admissions at the Main Campus or a Site Director to schedule an appointment with an admission counselor or request that an application package be sent to you.
2. Applicants who have completed high school or GED in the United States of America must request an official transcript to be sent to the Office of Admissions.
3. Applicants who have completed their high school work in a foreign country must present official transcripts of their “bachillerato/secundaria/preparatoria” or equivalent education. Foreign transcripts may be subject to external evaluation.
4. Applicants who have attended another college or university must request an official transcript of his/her work from each institution to be sent to the Office of Admissions. Foreign transcripts may be subject to external evaluation.
5. Applicants seeking financial assistance should immediately, complete the financial aid application, and submit the necessary documentation.
6. Applicants with disabilities requesting special accommodations must submit supporting documentation (IEP, or any other qualified document). Trained advisors are available to provide orientation and assistance in completing the necessary forms and obtaining the appropriate documentation.
Additional Program Acceptance Requirements
Additional admission or acceptance requirements apply to certain programs according to curriculum requirements and/or requirements for professional standards.
Bachelor of Social Work In addition to the General Admission Requirements, applicants interested in this major must meet the following criteria for acceptance to the upper level courses for the Bachelor of Social Work program:
- Submission of an application to the Department of Social Work and Addictions Counseling;
- Completion of the General Core Curriculum Requirements with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75;
- Completion of an English writing and reading comprehension sample in the testing center; and
- Two references from faculty, employers, or supervisors who can attest to the applicant’s ability to become a generalist social work practitioner.
Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy In addition to the General Admission Requirements, applicants interested in this major must meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.67 in the following prerequisite courses: AHP 110, AHP 113, BIO 108, BIO 120, BIO 208, ENG 160, ENG 162, CHM 115, MAT 110 and PSY 101.
|Background Check Requirements: Before placement in some Social Work field settings and all Respiratory Therapy hospital/clinical settings, a Fingerprint Background Check is required. Felony convictions may impact the student’s ability to fulfill the field work requirements in these programs. Further, the ability to obtain a license to practice respiratory therapy in some states or find opportunities in the social work field may be limited. The Early Childhood Education program requires a criminal background check before any classroom observations or practica are scheduled. If you have any questions about these requirements, ask the Academic Advisor in the department in which you are interested.|