St. Augustine College hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or economic background.
There are no current openings, please check back soon.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Adult Education Coordinator -FT Aurora Campus
Department:Institute for Workforce Education
Reports to: Associate Director of Adult Education
Date: April 11, ,2017
St. Augustine College
St. Augustine College is an independent, bilingual (dual-language) institution of higher education created under the auspices of the Episcopal Diocese to make the American system of higher education accessible to a diverse student population with emphasis on those of Hispanic descent; to strengthen ethnic identity; to reinforce cultural interaction; and to build a bridge to fill cultural, educational, and socio-economic gaps.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Adult Education, this position coordinates the day to day activities of Spanish and English adult education services including program promotion and prospective student recruitment, TABE test proctoring, student orientations, student intake and enrollment, support services, retention services and transition services at college’s facilities and in the field as assigned. This position will also assist the Associate Director with the coordination of all aspects (financial, educational, logistical, promotional, and administrative) of the Adult Education Program at the Aurora campus.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Assists with the scheduling of Adult Education courses and the securing of the resources needed to deliver those courses (classrooms, technology, instructors, and training materials among others)
- Assists students, one-on-one or through group facilitated sessions, with TABE testing, intake and registration for the Adult Education programs.
- Enters student information in an accurate and timely manner in the IWE database and the grantor proprietary applications.
- Maintains accurate files (hard copy and electronic) of every student in the programs and documents accurately the interactions with the students and the interventions and services provided to the students.
- Applies program retention strategies and participates in meetings with instructors on a bi-weekly basis to design and execute action plans for students.
- Proactively works with students to transition/bridge them to college’s academic and workforce programs and refers students to the Career and Transfer Center (CTC) for career services.
- Attends required conferences, meetings, and other events to stay updated on adult education practices and grantor program requirements.
- Works in partnership with the Admissions Department, the Childcare Department, the Career and Transfer Center (CTC), among others, to ensure that students receive effective and timely services to improve their success in the program.
- Assists the Associate Director of Adult Education with the issuing of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the activities and success of the program.
- Networks with community-based organizations, chambers of commerce, elected officials, faith-based organizations, among others, to create awareness about adult education programming and to develop strategic relationships to recruit students to the programs.
- Makes presentations to audiences about Adult Education programs and their success.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned including supporting other IWE activities that take place at the Aurora Campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, counseling or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in an educational environment, in educational counseling.
- Basic to Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Good written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and other organizations.
- Self-directed, organized, and innovative with a well developed sense of customer service and professionalism.
- Sensitivity to socially and ethnically diverse communities.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving and decision making skills.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Please type “Adult Education Coordinator” on the subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is the policy of St. Augustine College not to engage in discrimination or harassment against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military, or status as a disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam era and to comply with all federal and state non-discrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders, and regulations.
There are no current openings, please check back soon.